UTILITY ANALYTICS 101
Introducing UAI’s First Training Course: Utility Analytics 101
UAI has partnered with the University of Oklahoma Data Science and Analytics Institute (OU DSAI) to develop and deliver Utility Analytics 101 training.
Utility Analytics 101 is delivered via public classroom, virtual classroom, and private group training throughout the year. All delivery formats consist of a lecture component and practical utility analytics application.
Each Utility Analytics 101 training provides a Certificate of Participation and Completion and Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through the University of Oklahoma. CEUs are awarded to training participants at a rate of one (1.0) CEU for every ten (10) contact hours of training. The Utility Analytics 101 public classroom course include 18 hours of training (1.8 CEUs) and the virtual classroom course includes 12 hours of training (1.2 CEUs).
Utility Analytics 101: Creating Citizen Data Scientists!
What You'll Learn
- Terms and relationships; analytics levels; analytics value curve
- The world of data: What is data?, What is big data?, databases, data structure, data types
- Data and analytics terms and relationships; analytics levels; maturity index; process model (CRISP-DM)
- Utility analytics use cases: asset health analytics, customer analytics, grid analytics, safety analytics;
- Data understanding: big data, data sources, and data types; exploratory data analysis and data prep with SQL: relevant stats concepts, SQL overview, hands-on demonstrations
- Data visualization: fundamental concepts, best practices, hands-on demonstrations
- Communicating results: clarifying context, identifying audience, big idea, storyboarding, telling a story
- Application and putting it all together with Python: Jupyter Notesbooks overview, EDA with Python, Understanding context exercise, data visualization for communication
Who Should Attend?
- Data analysts, analytics professionals new to utilities
- Utility professionals new to the data analytics field
- Entry-level utility analytics professionals
- Business Practitioners: Managers, Lead, Supervisors, Coordinators
- Operations Managers, Leads, Supervisors, Coordinators
- Project and Program Managers, Leads, Supervisors, Coordinators
- Data Scientists – entry level, new to utilities
- The course is available to both UAI members and non-members
Utility Analytics 101
Data & Analytics Overview; Business Understanding
Communicating Results; Application: Putting it all together with Python
MEET THE INSTRUCTORS
Associate Director & Associate Professor, OU School of Computer Science
Associate Professor, OU School of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Assistant Professor, OU School of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Director, OU Data Science and Analytics Institute Echo Investment Capital Campus
ABOUT OU DSAI
DSAI is an academic unit within the OU Gallogly College of Engineering. By partnering with OU DSAI to develop and deliver our Utility Analytics 101 course, we can better serve the need for workforce training in data science and analytics topics in the utilities sector across a broad spectrum of knowledge, awareness and expertise.